Thursday, September 10, 2015

An Honest Doctor



Hey, it's hard to come by honest and humble doctors. One such is Dr Siddhesh Shirke. He is my new dentist. He will never tell you to go for any extra treatment or implant just like that. He will try to save the teeth, even it means by a fluoride filling. He charges so little saying honestly that he just did a little filling. I feel embarrassed to pay him that much. A little part of my teeth broke some days back, after my last filling and today I went to tell him that. And he charged me nothing at all, thinking that the part of the filling fell off. I tried to tell him that it's another part of the same tooth. But he insisted that for a pinch of fluoride and minor job, it was not necessary to pay. I was too embarrassed and left saying 'Thank You'.

I know of other dentists, who will try to make a little cavity sound like a crater and advise you to go for metallic filling. In the bargain, they will make the cavity bigger so that soon you will go back to them after few months for root canal and eventually they will end up putting an dental implant there and finally a cap. It's like they say in Hindi, 'topi lagaya', means he made a fool out of you. 'Topi lagaya' literally translated means 'to put a cap'.

Marathi people are quite sincere and honest and I have a special respect for them.

I recommend Smita Dental Clinic for your dental woes, if you happen to be living near Mira Road.