Tuesday, August 18, 2015



I've discovered this new dabba/ Tiffin service called Yummy Tiffin. Got so bored with my previous tiffin service, which served me for 3 years. Does healthy have to be boring? Sometimes taste weird too? Agree, I did get pleasant surprises as well. But some of them look good and packaged so well, everyone in office drools over it while you know how it tastes. 


Starting the new dabba on trial basis for five days. They have an online wallet system where you fill it with an amount and then choose fixed meals from types or customise it on daily basis. One month's menu is posted in advance. I've chosen food I'd never tasted before like mayo sprout sandwich, Mexican minestrone, Bengali style bhindi with a difficult name and much more... I hope they taste as good. They're cheaper than my previous health food provider. And no paying dabba wala separately. It's their headache. And no money wasted on food you don't want to eat. Another good thing is that I don't have to tell them 'No Tindli' 'No capsicum'. These are marathi dishes I do not like. Capsicum is good as accompaniment or as a flavour. Never as a bhaji by itself! While tindli is good for pickling.

No comments: