Today, I’d like to tell everyone – I need not be a Christian to love Jesus. I love Jesus. In fact, Muslims love Jesus and believe in him. But they definitely love Muhammad S.A.S more than the other Prophets. Muslims who do not believe in Jesus, his birth from a virgin mother and his miracles have not studied or understood Islam well. But many of us (from all faiths) sometimes never really understand the depth and truth of our religion, but just follow it because we were born into it.
We all know Jesus from Christian perspective. I studied in a convent school myself and studied all about Noah, Moses and Jesus. And at the same time, at home, I had a fair knowledge of their importance in Islam as well, thanks to my parents. Now let me tell everyone what Islam says about Jesus.
What the Holy Qur'an says about Jesus:
They slew him not, nor did they crucify him but it was made dubious to them.
And surely they slew him not. But Allah (God) raised him unto Himself.
1. Do Muslims believe he was a Messenger of One God? YES
2. Do Muslims believe he was born of a Virgin Mother? YES
3. Do Muslims believe Jesus had a miraculous birth? YES
4. Do Muslims believe Jesus spoke in the cradle? YES
5. Do Muslims believe he performed miracles? YES
7. Do Muslims believe that Jesus was the son of God? NO
8. Do Muslims believe Jesus was killed on the cross then resurrected? NO
For the complete story of Isa A.S, the Prophet, refer : http://www.islamawareness.net/Prophets/isa.html